Logo Click For Main Index
Logo Click For Main Index
Bangor-on-Dee, Hospitality, Food, Drink & Accommodation.
Buck House Hotel Bangor-on-Dee

Buck House Hotel

Bangor-on-Dee
Freehouse & Restaurant
Tel: 01978 780336
Website
Email
Owned by Mr F. A. and Mrs K. M. Hayes, The Buck House Hotel High Street, Bangor-on-Dee, is a small family-run hotel and traditional Inn which has great character.  It is close to Wrexham and Chester and many tourist locations, also convenient for those visiting Wrexham Industrial Estate.
Over the last eighteen years the Hotel has had careful renovation and extensive refurbishment, and has a comfortable and homely relaxing atmosphere.  Meals are served in one of two lounges, or a full à la carte menu is served in the restaurant.  The restaurant seats up to sixty people and is available for private parties or weddings. The restaurant can be expanded with a marquee to hold up to 100 guests.  To accompany the fine foods the staff will be pleased to offer a good selection of beers, wines and spirits.
One of the lounges contains an enormous and unique collection of teapots, if your interest is history the pictures on the walls have many facts about Bangor years ago.  There is also a good bar/games room to enjoy a game of pool, darts, dominoes, the locals always give a very warm welcome.
There are six bedrooms all with shower en suite, colour T.V., radio/alarm and tea/coffee making facilities.  For convenience each room has a direct telephone line, also full central heating.
—————————————————————————
The Royal Oak  Bangor-on-Dee
The Royal Oak
Bangor-on-Dee
Tel: 01978 780289
The Royal Oak, was formally The Royal Hotel and before that The Oak.  It has certainly been a Public House since 1851, when the adult population of Bangor stood at 100, and was served by six public houses, New Inn, Ship Inn, Red Lion, Oak Inn, Buck Inn and Star Inn. Today however there are only two remaining.
The Royal Oak is a building of great character, and it is beautifully situated opposite the Church and very near-by the river.  Sitting at a outside table with an ice-cold drink on a summers day listening to the gentle melody of the river flowing past, is something every one should have an opportunity to enjoy.
—————————————————————————
The Stableyard Bangor-on-Dee
The Stableyard
Bangor-on-Dee
Tel: 01978 780642
Website
Email
Built in 1630 the Stableyard is reputed to be the oldest property in Bangor-on-Dee, with genuine oak beams, it is situated on the High Street in the centre of the village and is close by to the shops and pubs.  Convenient for visitors to the Wrexham Industrial Estate, the Maelor area and is just a short walk from Bangor-on-Dee Racecourse.
There are six bedrooms, most have bathrooms en-suite, all have tea making facilities, radio and colour T.V.  All of the centrally heated rooms have an Old World charm with exposed timbers and furnishings in character.
Also offering a choice of Award Winning accommodation in three newly restored, 4 star rated courtyard cottages, excellent accommodation for the business and leisure tourist alike.
Please note:  All images on this web site are copyright, please see copyright link for more information.
Go The Parish Church
Go The Bridge
Go Events & News
active section Hospitality
Go Bangor Monastery
Go Bangor Parish 1699
Go Aerial Photographs
Go Historic Snippet's
Go Local Links
Go Local Services
Go Johnson's Baskets
Go Medieval Tomb Stones
Go Presbyterian Church
Go Old Photographs
Go School Log Book
Go Ysgol Sant Dunawd
Go War Memorial
Go William Remembers
Go Village Policeman
Go Village Views
Go Village Map
Go Who's Who 1868-83
Go About This Site
Go Contact Information
Go Copyright Information
Go More Planefacts Sites
Logo Click For Main Index